CCIE Voice Written
The written exam is a two-hour, multiple choice test with 100 questions covering those technologies and applications that comprise a Cisco Enterprise VoIP solution. The exam is closed book and no outside reference materials are allowed.
The CCIE Voice Written Exam (#350-030) has100 multiple-choice questions and is two hours in duration.
The exam will include topics such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco CallManager Express, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Presence and Messaging, Cisco Contact Center Express, and Integrated Contract Distribution.
- Infrastructure Protocols
- Telephony Protocols
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- IOS IP Telephony
- Unified Messaging
- UC Security
- Application Protocols
- Operations and Network Management
CCIE Voice Lab
The CCIE lab exam is an eight-hour, hands-on exam which requires you to configure a Cisco enterprise voice solution over an IP network. Although basic network connectivity is provided, you will be responsible for configuring the pre-installed applications to satisfy the requirements of the lab, and to troubleshoot important parameters of a voice network, such as quality of service, VLANs, gateways and gatekeepers.
Each question on the lab has specific criterion. The labs are graded by proctors who ensure all the criterion are met and points are awarded accordingly. The proctors use automatic tools to gather information from the routers to perform some preliminary evaluations, but the final determination of a correct or incorrect configuration is done by a trained proctor.
You can review your lab exam results online (login required), usually within 48 hours. Results are Pass/Fail and failing score reports indicate major topic areas where additional study and preparation may be useful.
The blueprint is a detailed outline of the topics likely to appear on the lab exam. This blueprint introduces pre-configurations of basic tasks (such as phone registration, basic application integration, basic dial plan, etc.), in order to devote additional focus on expert level skills (advanced configuration and troubleshooting) assessments. As usual, knowledge of troubleshooting is an important skill and candidates are expected to diagnose and solve issues as part of the CCIE lab exam.
- Implement and Troubleshoot Campus Infrastructure and Services
- Implement and Troubleshoot CUCM Endpoints
- Implement and Troubleshoot CUCME Endpoints
- Implement and Troubleshoot Voice Gateways
- Implement and Troubleshoot Call Routing Policies
- Implement and Troubleshoot High Availability Features
- Implement and Troubleshoot Media Resources
- Implement and Troubleshoot Supplementary Services
- Implement and Troubleshoot Other CUCM Voice Applications
- Implement and Troubleshoot QoS and CAC
- Implement and Troubleshoot Messaging
- Implement and Troubleshoot Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Implement and Troubleshoot Cisco Unified Presence